CHIEF NEGOTIATOR:BULGARIA IS NOT BEHIND EU TALKS
Politics | September 18, 2001, Tuesday // 00:00
The Council on European Integration approved the positions on the last three chapters of Bulgaria`s EU accession talks on 17 September. The three chapters will be moved by the Cabinet for approval on September 20, Bulgaria`s chief negotiator with the EU, Meglena Kuneva told journalists. These are the last three chapters on which Bulgaria must present its preliminary position. From now on, the country`s efforts will be directed towards opening all the 29 chapters while Belgium holds the EU rotating presidency. `So far, the country has opened 21 chapters, and another eight remain to be opened,` Kuneva commented. Kuneva was categorical that Bulgaria is not lagging behind in the talks with the EU. A Bulgarian delegation led by Kuneva will visit Brussels from 25 September to 27 September to present the Bulgarian position on the European Commission report on the country`s progress. `We will go to Brussels with three main positions with which we will try to convince our European partners that Bulgaria has made sufficient progress in the reform of the judiciary and the prevention of corruption, which has been criticized sharply, of the energy sector and of the functioning market economy building,` Kuneva also said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Today is a Day for Reflection before Tomorrow’s Vote in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria received one MiG-29 Engine from Poland
- » Exacta Survey: It is Impossible to Predict who will Win the Elections in Bulgaria
- » The Authorities in North Macedonia Erased a Second Bulgarian Club
- » “Trend” Survey before the Elections in Bulgaria: Unclear Winner and Disputed Third Place
- » Gallup Survey: The Winner of the Elections in Bulgaria will be Decided at the Last Minute