COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1043 Registered Cases, 130 Cured
Usual Saturday drop in the number of newly registered cases of COVID-19. Of 7,094 tests performed, 1,043 had a positive result, according to the Unified Information Portal. The number of active cases has increased to 18,246, of which 1976 are in hospital. 138 people are in serious condition and accommodated in intensive care units.
The highest number of registered cases is in Sofia - 393, over a third of the total number, followed by Plovdiv - 76 and Varna - 58.
7 people have died in the past 24 hours. 130 were cured.
On Sunday morning, traditionally, the number of tests performed - respectively positive for COVID-19 is smaller. However, there are tensions in the healthcare system - hospitals across the country are suffocating from a shortage of doctors and free beds. Such is the case in the capital's emergency "St. Anna".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Spanish Scientists: Nose Dryness Is the Earliest and Indistinguishable Symptom of COVID-19
- » WHO: All-Time High Number of Coronavirus Cases Registered in Past Week
- » Stringent Anti-Epidemic Measures in Force till 21 December! Gyms Shut down but Football Matches Allowed
- » Top Cardiologist: Immune Defenses Against COVID-19 Are Synthesized in Sleep, Psyche and Immunity
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 4382 Registered Cases, 1876 Cured
- » Bulgaria Tops Mortality Rate Ranking, GPs Join Battle with Pandemic