100 Days of Protests, Fifth Great People’s Uprising in Bulgaria
Tens of thousands of people are gathering in downtown Sofia for the fifth "Great People's Uprising".
This is the 100th evening of anti-government protests, which demand the resignation of the current government and the chief prosecutor Ivan Geshev.
The anti-government protest today will include four MEPs - Claire Daly, Ramona Strugaria, Ivan Sincic and Paul Tang.
The organizers of the protests declared that this is the last big protest of its kind held in this manner.
So far, four major protests have taken place, titled as “Great People Uprisings” in September and October, while the protests are going on since July.
For 100 days, the protesters' demands remained unchanged - they demanded the resignation of Prime Minister Boyko Borissov and the entire government, the resignation of Chief Prosecutor Ivan Geshev, because of corruption and misuse of power and the holding of fair elections immediately.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Global Drug Survey: Who Are the World’s Drunkards?
- » On January 27 World Marks Holocaust Memorial Day
- » Vaccine Expert: Schoolchildren Are Virus Super-Spreaders, Resuming In-Person Learning in Bulgaria Is a Mistake
- » Bulgarian Scientist: Masks with Filter Protect only Those Who Wear Them
- » Masks Available in Bulgaria Have Different Protection Level
- » Coronavirus Global March – Cases Surpass 100 Million