COVID-19: Infections in England Risen By 50% Just for One Week
Coronavirus cases in England have risen by 50% in a week, reported BBC, quoting survey from the Office for National Statistics.
Approximately one in 160 people in England had coronavirus in the week ending 8 October, which equates to 336,500 people.
This figure is approximately 50% higher than the figure for the previous week - 224,000.
The ONS further estimates there are 27,900 new infections each day in private homes in England, up just over 60% on last week’s figure (17,200).
Since the survey is of homes, it doesn't include outbreaks in communal residences such as university student halls.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Italy Extends Covid-19 Restrictions Until After Easter
- » Slovakia Introduces Curfew amid World Highest Covid Mortality Rate
- » Two Patients Die after AstraZeneca Shot in South Korea, Investigation Is Underway
- » Bulgaria: 80 Percent Should Be Vaccinated to Build Herd Immunity
- » US President Vows: By June Each American Will Be Vaccinated
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: Virus on Offensive Again – 2,403 Newly Infected in 24 Hours