BULGARIAN PRESIDENT SIGNED CONDOLENCES BOOK
Politics | September 18, 2001, Tuesday // 00:00
President Petur Stoyanov signed the special condolence book on 18 September. The book was opened at the US Information Center in Sofia following the 11 September tragedy. `Together with thousands of Bulgarian citizens, I express my deep sorrow for the death of the innocent victims of the terrorist acts in New York and Washington. In this tragic moment for the American nation I want to express the solidarity of the Bulgarians with the sadness of the American people, as well as Bulgaria`s support in finding and punishing the perpetrators of those monstrous crimes, ` President Stoyanov wrote in the book. After that he stressed that after the US assaults Bulgaria, like all other countries, must re-examine the basic challenges to its national security. By the end of the month, the head of the Bulgarian state will convene a special meeting of the Consultative Council on National Security to discuss this issue.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Foreign Minister: After October Bulgaria and Romania will have No Obstacles for Schengen
- » Bulgaria supports the EU Delivery of 1 Million Projectiles to Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Minister of Defense: We will Categorically Not Send Troops to Ukraine
- » Spokesman of the Ukrainian Defense Ministry : We encourage Bulgaria to give us their MiG-29s
- » April 3 - Closed for Bulgarian Schools with Election Sections
- » Petkov: Bulgaria going Banrkupt was Fake News - This happens before every Election