Protests in Bulgaria: 98 Days Anti-Government Protests
98th day of anti-government protests in Bulgaria
Protesters are demanding the resignation of the government of Boyko Borissov and Chief Prosecutor Ivan Geshev in Bulgaria.
This Wednesday, the protest began in front of the courthouse. The campaign, entitled "Justice without a cap," Justice for Everyone organized the initiative.
The focus of yesterday's statements by the protesters was the hearing of Geshev earlier in the day in the legal parliamentary committee. "Chief Prosecutor Ivan Geshev today showed the complete insolvency of the work of the prosecutor's office not only in the last 8 months but recently," they commented.
Last night, solicitor Nikolai Hadjigenov of the Poison Trio announced that 4 foreign MEPs would attend the fifth Great People's Uprising on Friday.
Arman Babikyan focused on yesterday's visit to Kozloduy, where he announced that there will be an increase in pensions and salaries. "The promise, you know, is not like the given," he added and ironically distributed a little money - BGN 200 thousand, to those present in the square.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Information Campaign Launched for Bulgarians Abroad Related to Child Protection
- » Huge Quarantine Facility Being Built in China Following New Covid-19 Outbreak
- » Bulgaria’s Health Minister: Privileges of Health Certificate Holders Are Political Issue
- » Bulgaria: Restrictive Measures Will Be Loosened in Certain Sectors Next Month
- » Australia Raises Alarm after 29 Norwegians Die Following Immunization with Pfizer/BioNTech Vaccine
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 570 Newly Infected, 7,533 Recovered