Alexander Andreev is the New Chairman of Bulgaria's Central Election Commission
Parliament has elected Alexander Andreev chairman of the Central Election Commission (CEC), BGNES reports. The candidacy of the current speaker and member of the commission was supported by 119 MPs, and 54 voted against.
The proposal for him to take the post formally came from the Federation of Independent Student Associations, but was recognized by the GERB parliamentary group. The other parties in parliament did not exercise their right to nominate a resignation candidate for the resigned Stefka Stoeva, leaving Andreev virtually the only contestant.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Shortage of Influenza Vaccines
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: New Anti-Record, 1472 Daily Cases, 29 Deaths, 16,8 Per Cent Positive Tests
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov Insists Minister of Health to Be More Clearer About Wearing Masks Outdoor
- » Bulgaria's President Rument Radev PCR Test is Negative
- » PR Leaders Hill Knowlton Strategies and M3 Communications Group Inc Celebrate 20 Years of Partnership
- » Ukraine's Naftogaz Supports Expansion of US Sanctions Against Nord Stream 2 Gas Pipeline