Morocco: Meeting Between EC Vice-President Borrell and the Minister of Foreign Affairs Bourita
The European Union's High Representative for Foreign and Security Policy, Vice-President of the European Commission Joseph Borrell and Minister for Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation and Moroccans living abroad Nasser Bourita spoke by telephone on September 11. They discussed issues of common interest relating to regional stability in the Maghreb region, in particular the latest developments in the Libyan crisis, as well as aspects of the Joint Union-Morocco Prosperity Partnership.
In this context, a broad convergence of views emerged between the two interlocutors on the perspectives opened by the inter-Libyan dialogue recently hosted by Morocco in Bouznika. The High Representative welcomed and encouraged this Moroccan initiative as a timely contribution to the United Nations' efforts to achieve a political solution to the crisis in Libya, which would ensure the country's cohesion, territorial integrity and sovereignty. Stability and peace in Libya are essential to the stability and prosperity of the Maghreb as a whole and are a European priority.
The High Representative and the Minister of Foreign Affairs agreed to continue their respective dialogue and efforts in this direction in a spirit of close consultation in order to intensify the ongoing political dynamics between the Libyan parties./Embassy of the Kingdom of Morocco in Sofia
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » US President Elections: Highest Percentage Of Voters Since 1908
- » Bulgaria’s PM and Three Ministers Under Quarantine Due To Contact With Positive COVID-19 Deputy Minister
- » EU: Climate Neutrality by 2050 – Only Bulgaria Abstained
- » Turkey Tested Russian S-400s Defense System Confirmed Erdogan
- » US Elections: Trump - Biden Debate More Civilised Than Expected
- » Greece: Leader of Neo-Nazi Golden Dawn Group, Michaloliakos, Jailed for 13 Years