COVID-19 in Austria: New Measures Announced
Austria is currently in a phase of gradual and secure re-opening. This process is being closely monitored and containment measures are being (re-)introduced as and where needed.
The borders to most European countries are now open again (details). For all other countries, cross-border travel is still strongly discouraged, impossible, or possible only if certain conditions are met. Please check both Austrian and local regulations before booking a trip.
Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz announced on Thursday that the country will impose new measures in an effort to curb the spread of the coronavirus amid a new rise in infections.
Kurz noted that the number of cases doubled over the last two weeks and stressed the government must react in order to ensure another lockdown is avoided.
From Monday, 21 September, guests are required to wear a mask in restaurants whenever they are not sitting at their table. Maximum number of people per table: 10. Any private indoor celebrations or meetings (except funerals) are also limited to 10 people. Masks are now required at markets, trade fairs, and religious celebrations./Austria.info
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » US: Coalition of over 130 Groups Plan Widespread Protests Across USA if Trump Interferes with Election
- » Financial Markets Tumbled Amid Fears of Growing COVID-19 Cases
- » Crucial Checkpoints for Your Bitcoin Trading Journey
- » 5 Simple Steps to an Effective Bitcoin Trading Strategy
- » Bulgarian Ministry of Economy Closes Due to Infected Employees by COVID-19
- » COVID-19 Situation in EU Countries