Bulgaria Celebrates Saints Sophia, Faith, Hope and Love
On September 17, the Orthodox Church honors the memory of the Holy Martyrs Sofia, Faith, Hope and Love.
Today the capital of Bulgaria celebrates its holiday. It will be celebrated with a number of solemn ceremonies and numerous cultural events.
For residents and guests of the city museums will be free. The festive mood will be maintained with street tricking, DJ performance, tricks, musical improvisations and movement theater in a flash mob cultural project.
The holiday is most solemnly celebrated by the namesakes - Vyara, Verka, Nadezhda, Nadia, Lyubov, Lyuba, Lyuben, Lyubomir, Lyubomira, Lyubomil, Sofia, Sofka.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 175 Years Since the Birth of Bulgarian Revolutionary and Poet Hristo Botev
- » The 5 Top Christmas Traditions in Bulgaria
- » A Monument to the Lawyers-Saviors of the Bulgarian Jews will be erected in Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Book Fair in Sofia
- » Wisdom from a Bulgarian Philosopher: By Wearing your Old Clothes, Things won't Work Out
- » Interesting Ways That Bulgaria Is Contributing to the Global Entertainment Industry