Two-Thirds of Hotels in Bulgaria Empty in July, Turnover Down With 65%
In July 2020, during the ongoing epidemic situation in the country, there were 2,768 sites with more than 10 beds - hotels, motels, campsites, chalets and other places for short-term accommodation. The number of rooms in them is 112.9 thousand, and the number of beds - 251.4 thousand. Compared to July 2019, the total number of accommodation establishments operating during the period decreased by 18.4%, and the number of beds in them - by 22.5%.
The total number of overnight stays in all accommodation establishments registered in July 2020 was 2 265.9 thousand, or by 61.9% less compared to the same month of the previous year, with the largest decrease in overnight stays (by 67.7%) is observed in 3-star accommodation. This is shown by the data of the National Statistical Institute (NSI).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Wales and Scotland Impose a 14-Day Quarantine on Those Arriving from Portugal
- » United Airline to Cut Over 16 000 Jobs
- » Denmark Removes Bulgaria from Quarantine List
- » Bulgaria Supports Tour Guides with BGN 3 Million
- » NSI: Holidays and Excursions of Foreigners in Bulgaria Decreased by Over 85% in July
- » Serbia Requires Negative PCR Test for Bulgaria, Romania, Northern Macedonia and Croatia