Bulgarian MPs Increase Minimum Unemployment Benefit
The minimum unemployment benefit will increase from BGN 9 to BGN 12 from October 1 for a period of 4 months. This is provided by amendments to the law on state social security, which were voted by MPs at first reading, BNT reported.
The measure is expected to affect between 30,000 and 33,000 people. However, according to opposition calculations, the increase is insufficient and short-lived.
"The necessary funds are BGN 12 million for this measure. It is temporary because it is determined in view of the NSSI budget," explained Svetlana Angelova from GERB.
The second measure envisaged is to increase the period for receiving unemployment benefits from 4 to 7 months and it affects about 13,000 people.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: National Plan for Absorption of Covid-19 Funding by End of 2020
- » Bulgaria Borrowed BGN 5 Billion from International Markets
- » The Rise of Cryptocurrencies – Bitcoin Safety Measures
- » Android Versus iOS Apps: Which Is Better for Cryptocurrency Traders?
- » Bulgaria's Economy Minister: BGN 200 Million Distributed to Businesses and People in Anti-Crisis Measures
- » Can You Mine Bitcoins Using Android Apps: Here Is What You Should Know