Bulgaria-North Macedonia Historical Disputes Remain Unresolved
North Macedonia’s Premier Zoran Zaev always speaks with great optimism and great hope. I hope that he is honest, but to this day, there are almost no results. It is up to Skopje to start negotiations with the EU, Bulgaria’s MEP Andrey Kovatchev told BGNES on occasion of Zaev’s latest statements on the historical disputes between Sofia and Skopje.
I can’t understand why he thinks that if we accept the historical truth about Gotse Delchev that he defined himself as Bulgarian, it would be a loss for them. We tell them: On the contrary, he is yours as well. We should honor him even more together. All revolutionaries and national revival leaders of the 19th and the beginning of the 20th century are common historical figures, Andrey Kovatchev commented./BNR
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: EU Funds Have Led to Increased Wages, Business Investments, GDP Rise by 7.7%
- » Greece and Turkey to Resolve Their Disputes in Istanbul
- » PM of India Narendra Modi Addresses the United Nations General Assembly
- » PM Borissov at UN summit: Bulgaria Is Ready To Do Its Part. It Is Time For Action
- » Morocco: Meeting Between EC Vice-President Borrell and the Minister of Foreign Affairs Bourita
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov Will Participate in 75th Session of UN General Assembly