Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
Six people were detained at a protest in the capital today. This was announced at a briefing by Toni Todorov, Deputy Head of the Security Police Department at the Interior Ministry.
Two of the detainees have been declared wanted. They showed up at the checkpoints. Three were detained for carrying prohibited items. All were taken to the regional offices. Law enforcement will check whether they participated in any way in the September 2 protest.
It is noteworthy that from the rostrum of the protesters, some of the speakers are speculating with the actions of the Interior Ministry officials. This is not correct, Todorov said.
Earlier today, police searched the area around the National Assembly, where protesters gathered to check for prohibited items. Glass bottles, pavers, knives, sprays, sacks of stones were found. "Some of the things we found earlier in the search are quite disturbing. We found a lot of stones that were piled up," Todorov said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Four Dead in Attack Against German Clinic
- » Bulgaria: Daring Robbery on Struma Highway in Pernik Region
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski