Coronavirus: Half of Patients in Bergamo with Symptoms of COVID-19 Six Months Later
About half of the people affected by COVID-19 in Bergamo, the most affected area in Italy, are still unable to fully recover from the disease, according to a new study. Most patients continue to complain of symptoms of the disease, although they have not been ill for a long time.
Bergamo and the surrounding towns and villages were most severely affected by the pandemic in Italy. A total of 6,000 COVID-19 deaths have been reported there alone. The study of the long-term effects of the disease on the body was started in May and is based on data collected from people who fought the disease. They were monitored daily with blood samples, heart and lung tests. They were also given detailed interviews on how they felt - physically and emotionally.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 154 New Cases, 10 Death
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 174 Newly Registered Cases, 4410 Active Cases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 155 Newly Registered Cases, 18 216 Total
- » Over 300 Volunteers Get Russian COVID-19 Vaccine
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 143 Newly Registered Cases, 163 Cured
- » Chinese Virologist: Coronavirus Was Made in Wuhan Lab