Bulgaria: Big Protest is Expected Today, Plolice Set Up Checkpoints
A new big protest is expected today in Bulgaria. The organizers announced its start at 8:00 am, and the meeting point is the triangle of power.
This time the police will set up checkpoints. Suspicious persons and those with large luggage will be checked. People under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed. Pyrotechnics and dangerous objects are prohibited.
Three major protests are expected. For two of them there are permits from the municipality, and the third is organized on social networks. Police urged people not to succumb to provocations.
And last night the protest passed quite calmly. There were again projections of selected speeches by the Prime Minister on the facade of the former Party House.
Organizers called for peaceful demonstrations today. But they still gave people advice on how to avoid spicy spray and gassing.
They also called for no march to the Eagle Bridge. However, a group of demonstrators shut down the movement briefly.
Meanwhile, medical tents were set up on Dondukov Boulevard. The idea is to help the protesters there today, if necessary.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stefan Apostolov: My Love for Bulgaria Is in Everything I Do
- » PM Borissov: First Anti-Covid Pfizer Vaccines Arrive in Bulgaria by End 2020
- » Coronavirus in Bulgaria: New Ban to Be Imposed Tomorrow
- » Mass Inspections at Guest Houses and Hotels on Student Holiday Eve in Bulgaria
- » Epidemiologist: New Restrictive Measures Were Necessary, Staff Problem Persists
- » Joe Biden Fractures Foot after Slipping While Playing with His Dog