Bulgaria - Second of Cheepest Alcohol in EU
Bulgaria is the country with the cheapest alcohol in the EU. Only in Romania the average price of alcoholic beverages is lower than in Bulgaria, according to Eurostat data for 2019.
Prices in Bulgaria are 79 percent of the European average (or about a fifth lower), and in the northern neighbors - 76%. In third place in terms of cheap alcohol is Hungary (80).
Price levels in European countries are compared to the EU average, which is considered to be 100. According to Eurostat estimates, the price of alcoholic beverages is more than twice as high in Finland (with a price level index of 191), followed by from Ireland (182) and Sweden (156)./Trud
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Consumer Protection Commission: Watch Out for Misleading Discounts in e-Stores
- » Online Casino Gambling in Europe vs North America
- » Bulgarian Retailers Propose to Drop Shopping Hours for Seniors Only
- » New Government Bill is Putting 75 Percent of Bulgarian Retail Gaming Venues at Risk
- » Bulgaria's Exports and Imports from Non-EU Contries Decreased by 12,1 Percent
- » Parliament and EU ministers Agree on New EU Export Rules