Bulgaria: Two CSKA Football Players Test Positive for COVID-19
Two CSKA players have positive tests for COVID-19 after the mandatory PCR tests, which are performed at the beginning of each month, the club announced. These are captain Petar Zanev and striker Ahmed Ahmedov.
"The condition of the infected is stable and they are feeling well, and both have been quarantined in a timely manner," the Reds added.
All others tested in the CSKA camp were not infected with coronavirus.
Last week, Zanev was part of the national team and took part in the League of Nations match with Ireland. The defender was injured and did not play in the second meeting with Wales.
The club does not specify when the samples were taken, indicating only the "beginning of the month". On August 30, Zanev was at a camp with the Bulgarian national team.
According to the measures and prescriptions of the Bulgarian Football Union (BFU), the postponement of matches and the suspension of the championship can be reached in case of mass positive tests in the teams.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Tokyo Olympics: First Medal for Bulgaria
- » 29th Summer Olympic Games Starts in Tokyo Today
- » Tokyo Olympics: More Cases of Infected Alert Organizers
- » Euro Final in London Marked by Arrests and Violence by English Fans
- » Euro 2020 Final: Italy Defeats England
- » Djokovic Wins Sixth Wimbledon Title, Equals Federer-Nadal's tally of 20 Grand Slams