Council of Europe: Bulgarian Authorities to Punish Journalists' Attackers
Criticism and appeal from the Council of Europe. The reason - signals of violence against journalists during yesterday's protests. During the 56th day of demonstrations, reporters and cameramen were hit by teargas in clashes between protesters and police.
"I call on the Bulgarian authorities to effectively investigate every registered case of assault," said Dunja Mijatović, the commissioner for human rights.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria