Council of Europe: Bulgarian Authorities to Punish Journalists' Attackers
Criticism and appeal from the Council of Europe. The reason - signals of violence against journalists during yesterday's protests. During the 56th day of demonstrations, reporters and cameramen were hit by teargas in clashes between protesters and police.
"I call on the Bulgarian authorities to effectively investigate every registered case of assault," said Dunja Mijatović, the commissioner for human rights.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Council of Europe: Harassment, Violence, Acute Staff Shortage Plague Bulgarian Psychiatric Wards and Care Homes
- » EC Disburses €14 Billion to Nine Member States, Greece Receives 2.7 Billion, Bulgaria Not on the List
- » Sofia Summit: European Perspective on the Western Balkans Means Stability, Peace and Prosperity
- » EC Sent Letter to Bulgaria About the Citizenship by Investment Scheme
- » MEPs Adopted a Critical Resolution on Bulgaria's Rule-of-Law
- » EP to Vote Resolution on Bulgaria on Thursday