Council of Europe: Bulgarian Authorities to Punish Journalists' Attackers
Criticism and appeal from the Council of Europe. The reason - signals of violence against journalists during yesterday's protests. During the 56th day of demonstrations, reporters and cameramen were hit by teargas in clashes between protesters and police.
"I call on the Bulgarian authorities to effectively investigate every registered case of assault," said Dunja Mijatović, the commissioner for human rights.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Outgoing Prime Minister Borissov Taking Part in EU Porto Summit
- » Bulgarian Prosecutors Alert European Institutions to Political Pressure over Independent Judiciary
- » EU Commissioner for Justice: Bulgaria Should Step up Reforms, Media Freedom Is Essential for Democracy
- » "Big four" in EU Push for Fast Application of Recovery Plan
- » Recovery Instrument NextGenerationEU Ready to Be Implemented, Bulgaria’s Recovery Plan Delayed
- » Housing Prices in Bulgaria Soared by 30 Percent over Decade – Eurostat