Council of Europe: Bulgarian Authorities to Punish Journalists' Attackers
Criticism and appeal from the Council of Europe. The reason - signals of violence against journalists during yesterday's protests. During the 56th day of demonstrations, reporters and cameramen were hit by teargas in clashes between protesters and police.
"I call on the Bulgarian authorities to effectively investigate every registered case of assault," said Dunja Mijatović, the commissioner for human rights.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » OLAF: Romania Ranks First in Fraud Cases with EU Funds, Bulgaria is Fifth
- » European Parliament Will Discuss the Situation in Bulgaria
- » EC Approves €4.4 Million Bulgarian Support Measure to Burgas and Varna Airports
- » Bulgaria Versus EU: Decent Economy but Poor Quality of Life
- » EC Approves the Bulgarian Scheme in Support of Tour Operators
- » $40 Million Potentially Dangerous Food Seized in Operation Throughout Europe