Bulgaria: GERB Collected 122 Signatures for the New Constitution
GERB collected signatures for the new constitution after changes were made. This became clear during a briefing of Daniela Daritkova, the chairwoman of GERB, and Iskren Veselinov from IMRO. The project will be uploaded on the website of the National Assembly.
"We rearranged the points and the articles from the original version. We recorded a preamble, as the colleagues from IMRO wanted. We have eliminated the possibility of a legislative initiative of the judiciary. We have explicitly written the text of the Coat of Arms Act in the constitution. There are a number of other changes, "Daritkova announced.
"I am grateful to the colleagues who supported our project - the partners from IMRO, NFSB, as well as part of VOLIA and independent MPs. An interesting and fruitful debate is forthcoming, "Daritkova said.
"The talks lasted 2 days. The project we are currently submitting is general and meets the main criticisms of the original project. In practice, it has almost nothing to do with the original project, "said Iskren Veselinov. "The most important thing for us is to remain in the preamble, the one-nation state. We add the commitment of the state to defend national values and traditions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » GERB Proposes Special Prosecutor to Investigate Prosecutor General
- » European Court of Justice: Bulgaria Breaches Air Pollution Limits
- » How Pension Payments Will Change for 150,000 Bulgarians
- » Iran: Parliament Adopts Law to Boost Enrichment of Uranium and Block Inspectors
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Warmer Spell, Sunny in Most Regions
- » Council of Europe: Harassment, Violence, Acute Staff Shortage Plague Bulgarian Psychiatric Wards and Care Homes