Bulgaria: GERB Collected 122 Signatures for the New Constitution
GERB collected signatures for the new constitution after changes were made. This became clear during a briefing of Daniela Daritkova, the chairwoman of GERB, and Iskren Veselinov from IMRO. The project will be uploaded on the website of the National Assembly.
"We rearranged the points and the articles from the original version. We recorded a preamble, as the colleagues from IMRO wanted. We have eliminated the possibility of a legislative initiative of the judiciary. We have explicitly written the text of the Coat of Arms Act in the constitution. There are a number of other changes, "Daritkova announced.
"I am grateful to the colleagues who supported our project - the partners from IMRO, NFSB, as well as part of VOLIA and independent MPs. An interesting and fruitful debate is forthcoming, "Daritkova said.
"The talks lasted 2 days. The project we are currently submitting is general and meets the main criticisms of the original project. In practice, it has almost nothing to do with the original project, "said Iskren Veselinov. "The most important thing for us is to remain in the preamble, the one-nation state. We add the commitment of the state to defend national values and traditions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov Will Participate in 75th Session of UN General Assembly
- » Emergency Situation in Bulgaria May Be Extended By Another Two Months
- » Decided: Bulgaria Will Vote By Both Machine and Paper Ballot
- » Bulgaria MPs Decide How Elections Will Take Place
- » Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov and Turkish President Recep Erdogan Speak Over Phone
- » India's Defence Minister: We Are Ready to Deal With Any Situation Regarding the India-China Border Tensions