Bulgarian Interior Ministry: The Protesters Are Breaking Paving Stones, Trying to Break Through the Cordon
The aggressive actions of the protesters continue.
Protesters are pulling women and children out of their ranks, away from the police cordon. This was announced by the press service of the Ministry of Interior.
An employee of the Gendarmerie Directorate was wounded after a blow to the head. He was taken to a hospital for scanning and medical treatment.
Video footage released by the Interior Ministry shows protesters trying to remove the yellow pavers.
New clashes between protesters and police began in front of parliament. Young men began to shoot at the building with eggs. Bombs are thrown. Protesters tried to break through the cordon and overturn a police van. Police used a spray to disperse the crowd. Men in masks and hoods talked "to start dropping bombs."
"Some of the protesters confiscated some of the police equipment, others made improvised wheelchair enclosures," the Interior Ministry's press office said. Police again called on citizens to maintain the peaceful form of the protest and not to succumb to provocations.
A BTV team was injured when police used a spray. Reporter Kanna Racheva complained that together with the cameraman who was with her, they had red eyes and could hardly see. In addition, dozens of people have suffered from the spray. There are police officers among them.
Velislav Minekov of the "poison trio" also complained of a spray attack. According to him, one policeman sprayed him and another took pictures.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Today is a “Day for Reflection” before the Elections
- » "Gallup" Survey: The 6+2 Formula for the Bulgarian Parliament is Preserved Days before the Vote
- » Bulgaria: Between 50 and 100 Leva to Buy a Vote in the Upcoming Elections
- » "Alpha Research" Survey: Over 8% Difference between the Two Leading Parties before the Elections
- » "Trend" Survey: What are the Attitudes of Bulgarians Days before the Elections
- » Ukraine asked Bulgaria for Heavy Weapons - the Caretaker Government Refused