Eurostat: Bulgaria In Top Five EU Countries With Lowest Unemployment Rate
Bulgaria enters the top five of the EU countries with the lowest unemployment in July, according to Eurostat data. We share the fifth place with Germany, where, as in our country, unemployment is 4.4%. But while in Germany unemployment has been rising steadily in recent months, in Bulgaria it has been declining in May and June, and in July it remains at the level of the previous month.
Of the EU countries, unemployment is lower than in Bulgaria only in the Czech Republic (2.7%), Poland (3.2%) and Malta (4.1%). The worst are in Spain, where unemployment is 15.8%. The next places are Italy (9.7%) and Sweden (9.4%).
Unemployment among men in Bulgaria is higher than among women - 4.6% against 4.1%, announced Eurostat. Unemployment among young people up to 25 years of age in Bulgaria is 9.4%. Only three EU countries have lower youth unemployment - Germany (5.7%), the Czech Republic (8.9%) and Malta (9.1%)./Trud
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: National Plan for Absorption of Covid-19 Funding by End of 2020
- » COVID-19 in Austria: New Measures Announced
- » Bulgaria Borrowed BGN 5 Billion from International Markets
- » NSSI: Average Insurance Income in July is BGN 1058.71
- » Unemployment in Bulgaria fell to 7.5 Percent in August
- » Online Event: DevCon Live, November 3-24