Bulgaria: MRF Will Not Support GERB for New Constitution and Grand National Assembly
The MRF (Movement for Rights and Freedoms Party) will not support GERB for a new constitution and a Grand National Assembly. This was announced at a press conference by party leader Mustafa Karadayi. According to the MRF, the draft of a new constitution is another blow against democracy and statehood.
"The project denies universal values - freedom, peace, humanism, equality, justice and tolerance. The new constitution categorically does not meet the stated request for a restart," Karaday said.
According to him, all political forces must approach with the necessary responsibility. The new constitution must be adopted as a new social contract, after calm debates, in normal political times. The opinion of the citizens, as well as of the academic society, should be heard, the MRF believes.
The Movement for Rights and Freedoms made this decision during an extraordinary meeting of the party.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend