Bulgaria: MRF Will Not Support GERB for New Constitution and Grand National Assembly
The MRF (Movement for Rights and Freedoms Party) will not support GERB for a new constitution and a Grand National Assembly. This was announced at a press conference by party leader Mustafa Karadayi. According to the MRF, the draft of a new constitution is another blow against democracy and statehood.
"The project denies universal values - freedom, peace, humanism, equality, justice and tolerance. The new constitution categorically does not meet the stated request for a restart," Karaday said.
According to him, all political forces must approach with the necessary responsibility. The new constitution must be adopted as a new social contract, after calm debates, in normal political times. The opinion of the citizens, as well as of the academic society, should be heard, the MRF believes.
The Movement for Rights and Freedoms made this decision during an extraordinary meeting of the party.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sun Breaks Through Clouds, Gets Warmer
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Code Yellow Warning for Freezing Cold
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Responds to President’s Criticism: Let Him Tell Me What Money to Stop Spending
- » Sofia Crisis Center Gives Shelter to Homeless in Freezing Cold Weather
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Will Patrol Small Towns and Villages Hunting Drunk Drivers
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Quiet and Sunny