Bulgaria: MRF Will Not Support GERB for New Constitution and Grand National Assembly
The MRF (Movement for Rights and Freedoms Party) will not support GERB for a new constitution and a Grand National Assembly. This was announced at a press conference by party leader Mustafa Karadayi. According to the MRF, the draft of a new constitution is another blow against democracy and statehood.
"The project denies universal values - freedom, peace, humanism, equality, justice and tolerance. The new constitution categorically does not meet the stated request for a restart," Karaday said.
According to him, all political forces must approach with the necessary responsibility. The new constitution must be adopted as a new social contract, after calm debates, in normal political times. The opinion of the citizens, as well as of the academic society, should be heard, the MRF believes.
The Movement for Rights and Freedoms made this decision during an extraordinary meeting of the party.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Prison for Unregulated Passenger Transport
- » NEW MEASURES: Bulgaria Closes High Schools, Universities and All Night Clubs
- » Bulgaria: The National Assembly Approves the Report of Prosecutor General Geshev
- » Prosecutor General Geshev: Prosecutor’s Office is Not to Blame for All Problems in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's National Assembly Debating the Request for Resignation of Tsveta Karayancheva
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Health Minister Angelov - Do Not Travel to Blagoevgrad and Targovishte