Bulgaria: Unemployment Benefits to Increase from BGN 9 to BGN 12 per Day
The National Council for Tripartite Cooperation (NCTC) held an extraordinary online meeting convened by Deputy Prime Minister for Economic and Demographic Policy and Minister of Tourism Mariana Nikolova.
It is envisaged that in case of non-utilization of the budget funds for 2020, the same will be used for payments to providers of hospital care for the past period.
It is proposed to increase the minimum daily unemployment benefit from BGN 9 to BGN 12 from October 1, 2020. This increase will affect about 30,000 people on average per month, and the additional resource will be nearly BGN 90 million. by the end of 2020
The term for receiving cash unemployment benefits to be increased from 4 to 7 months. This change will affect between 13,000 and 15,000 people on average per month for the period from October 1 to December 31, 2020. The required cost for the quarterly period is estimated at about BGN 2 million.
The total additional expenditure for the two measures amounts to BGN 14 million for 2020. With the amendment of the State Social Insurance Budget Act, the total expenditures of the Unemployment Fund were increased by BGN 1 billion./Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Extends Credit Vacation
- » Economy Minister: BGN 156 Million Will Be Redirected to Closed Companies in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria‘s Ministry of Finance Expects Deficit of BGN 183.2 Million by End November
- » Bulgaria: State Treasury in Red, Deficit Runs at BGN 183 Million
- » European Commission Nods to EUR 511 Million for Support of Bulgarian Economy
- » Bulgarian Parliament Approves Tax Relief for Families with Children