President of Bulgaria's Central Election Commission, Stefka Stoeva, Resigns
The chairwoman of Bulgaria's Central Election Commission, Stefka Stoeva, announced to the members of the commission her decision to resign for personal reasons.
The resignation will be submitted to the National Assembly to be voted on next week. Earlier, however, Stoeva objected to an amendment to the Electoral Code, which would transfer full responsibility for the acquisition of voting machines to the commission, informed BNR.
Stoeva continues to believe that the purchase of machinery should be done by the state.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Leader of “Democratic Bulgaria”: "Gazprom" is a Geopolitical Weapon
- » Bulgaria will Repair its MiG-29 Fighters in Poland
- » Bulgaria Suspends Visas for Russians with Property in Bulgaria and for Tourists from Russia
- » Bulgaria: Hundreds Protested against the President and his Caretaker Government Last Night
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Pressure has Increased, but there are No Conditions for Concern
- » Russia Expelled 14 Bulgarian Diplomats