President of Bulgaria's Central Election Commission, Stefka Stoeva, Resigns
The chairwoman of Bulgaria's Central Election Commission, Stefka Stoeva, announced to the members of the commission her decision to resign for personal reasons.
The resignation will be submitted to the National Assembly to be voted on next week. Earlier, however, Stoeva objected to an amendment to the Electoral Code, which would transfer full responsibility for the acquisition of voting machines to the commission, informed BNR.
Stoeva continues to believe that the purchase of machinery should be done by the state.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Council of Europe with Heavy Critics over GERB's Draft of New Constitution
- » Extraordinary Measures: Bulgaria Proposes Lockdown, Closes Schools, Restaurants, Malls
- » Putin is Unable to Recognize Biden as US President
- » Prof. Rumen Gechev: BSP Proposes Alternative Budget Based on Progressive Income Tax
- » Venice Commission Insists on Limiting Authorities of Bulgaria’s Prosecutor General
- » Sofia Ranks 13th by Air Pollution in the World