President of Bulgaria's Central Election Commission, Stefka Stoeva, Resigns
The chairwoman of Bulgaria's Central Election Commission, Stefka Stoeva, announced to the members of the commission her decision to resign for personal reasons.
The resignation will be submitted to the National Assembly to be voted on next week. Earlier, however, Stoeva objected to an amendment to the Electoral Code, which would transfer full responsibility for the acquisition of voting machines to the commission, informed BNR.
Stoeva continues to believe that the purchase of machinery should be done by the state.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » USA: Today We Celebrate 19 years of Bulgaria in NATO
- » Bulgaria’s VMZ - Sopot might Produce 155-mm Shells but only Experimentally
- » Kiril Petkov: We are ready to Talk with Everyone, even GERB, but about Policies
- » Bulgarian PM: They will not Scare Us with Bomb Threats, Don’t be Afraid to Vote
- » Survey before the Elections in Bulgaria: “We Continue the Change” Lead by 1.4% over GERB
- » Ukraine is Waiting for Hundreds of Thousands of Projectiles for 350 Million Leva from Bulgaria’s VMZ-Sopot