President of Bulgaria's Central Election Commission, Stefka Stoeva, Resigns
The chairwoman of Bulgaria's Central Election Commission, Stefka Stoeva, announced to the members of the commission her decision to resign for personal reasons.
The resignation will be submitted to the National Assembly to be voted on next week. Earlier, however, Stoeva objected to an amendment to the Electoral Code, which would transfer full responsibility for the acquisition of voting machines to the commission, informed BNR.
Stoeva continues to believe that the purchase of machinery should be done by the state.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The First Session of the New Parliament is Expected on December 1st
- » On the Last Day of Coalition Talks: What did the Parties Agree on?
- » Zoran Zaev Resigned from his Party's Leadership Post, in December, SDSM Elects a New One
- » European Deputies, as well as the Bulgarian Socialists, want Sanctions against Russia's Private Army
- » President Radev: Bulgaria expects Dialogue with North Macedonia to Lead to Concrete Results
- » Bulgarian Caretaker Prime Minister: I would Consider Participating in a Regular Cabinet