President of Bulgaria's Central Election Commission, Stefka Stoeva, Resigns
The chairwoman of Bulgaria's Central Election Commission, Stefka Stoeva, announced to the members of the commission her decision to resign for personal reasons.
The resignation will be submitted to the National Assembly to be voted on next week. Earlier, however, Stoeva objected to an amendment to the Electoral Code, which would transfer full responsibility for the acquisition of voting machines to the commission, informed BNR.
Stoeva continues to believe that the purchase of machinery should be done by the state.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Outgoing Prime Minister Borissov Taking Part in EU Porto Summit
- » EU History of Fishing Wars – No Lessons Learnt
- » Bulgaria: More Shocking Facts Got out in Recent Scandal Involving Boyko Borissov
- » Bulgarian National Assembly Summoned Outgoing Council of Ministers to Parliament
- » Bulgarian Prosecutors Alert European Institutions to Political Pressure over Independent Judiciary
- » Bulgarian Energy Watchdog: There Will Be No Price Leaps in Heating and Electricity