NSI: Holidays and Excursions of Foreigners in Bulgaria Decreased by Over 85% in July
Foreigners visiting Bulgaria for holidays and excursions in July this year are 85.6% less than in the same month of 2019, according to data from the National Statistical Institute, announced today. The decrease in business trips is almost 60 percent.
According to statistics, transit through the country is 56.1% (395.6 thousand) of all visits of foreigners in the country, but they also decreased by over 39%. In general, in July Bulgaria was visited by 705.6 thousand foreigners, or 66.1% less than in the same month of 2019. This is not a surprise given the continuing epidemic situation, the periodic introduction of restrictions on both foreigners entering and returning to their countries, the collapse of the number of charters, etc.
The trips of Bulgarian citizens abroad are 316.6 thousand, or 59.4% less than those registered in July 2019, according to NSI data. 23.6 percent of Bulgarians traveled abroad for recreation and excursions. 10.4% traveled for business purposes. Most trips abroad are for other purposes - 66.0%./Dnevnik.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Greek Tourism Minister: Vaccination Certificate Not Mandatory for Traveling to Greece
- » Bulgarians No Longer Need Negative PCR Test for Entering Serbia
- » For Travelers’ Attention: Mandatory Online Registration Required for Arrivals in Austria as of January 15
- » What You Must Know Before Traveling to Germany from “Risk Areas”, Coronavirus Tests
- » Prices of Air Tickets Rocketing
- » Arrivals to UK Now Need Negative Covid Test to Enter Country