NSI: Holidays and Excursions of Foreigners in Bulgaria Decreased by Over 85% in July
Foreigners visiting Bulgaria for holidays and excursions in July this year are 85.6% less than in the same month of 2019, according to data from the National Statistical Institute, announced today. The decrease in business trips is almost 60 percent.
According to statistics, transit through the country is 56.1% (395.6 thousand) of all visits of foreigners in the country, but they also decreased by over 39%. In general, in July Bulgaria was visited by 705.6 thousand foreigners, or 66.1% less than in the same month of 2019. This is not a surprise given the continuing epidemic situation, the periodic introduction of restrictions on both foreigners entering and returning to their countries, the collapse of the number of charters, etc.
The trips of Bulgarian citizens abroad are 316.6 thousand, or 59.4% less than those registered in July 2019, according to NSI data. 23.6 percent of Bulgarians traveled abroad for recreation and excursions. 10.4% traveled for business purposes. Most trips abroad are for other purposes - 66.0%./Dnevnik.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » From October 14, Bulgaria Air Resumes Flights to and from Israel
- » Vaccine Jab Availble at Sofia Airport as of Monday
- » Bulgarian Hoteliers Reluctant to Ask for 'Green Passport' from their Guests
- » Restaurants and Hotels in Bulgaria Will Not Close, Despite Covid Crisis
- » US Lifts Travel Ban for Vaccinated Arrivals Starting November
- » Bulgarian Black Sea Tourism Boasts 70% Growth This Summer