Bulgarian and Greek Companies Protest at Ilinden-Exohi Border Checkpoint
Dozens of trucks and more than 50 representatives of trade and transport companies as well as farmers have gathered to protest on both sides of the Ilinden-Exohi border crossing between Bulgaria and Greece.
Protesters are demanding that the border checkpoint, which is closed until August 31, be open to trucks. They claim the closure of the border in this section since July 22, by a decision of the Greek authorities, violates the basic principle of the EU - the free movement of persons, goods and capital.
The demonstrators call on the diplomats of the two countries - Bulgaria and Greece, to solve the problem as soon as possible, otherwise they warn the currently operational border checkpoint at Kulata-Promachonas will be blocked./BNR
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » ALIENO – The Bulgarian Hypercars from the Future
- » Bitcoin Trading World and Its Enormous Growth
- » 5 Industries Which Are Leading Innovation into Blockchain Technology
- » Chinese Civil Aviation Administration Recommends Diapers for Air Hostesses
- » New Zealand Casino License Overview
- » Nestle Bulgaria Invested BGN 23 Million in a Robotic Production Line in Sofia