Bulgarian National Bank Issuing a New Banknote
Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) is putting in circulation a new series of banknotes, which has a face value of BGN 5. The bill will be in circulation from September 4th as legal tender, the institution said.
The common design and the main elements of the banknotes of the new series are preserved without significant changes compared to those already in circulation. The changes are related to the introduction of new security features, which in the bill with a face value of BGN 5, issue 2020, are: additional mark for visually impaired people, hologram stripe with optical effects, security thread, watermark with high resolution.
Banknotes with a face value of BGN 5 from the previous emissions will remain in circulation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The Minimum Salary will be over EUR 350
- » 58% of Adults in Bulgaria are Financially Literate
- » Bulgaria: Changes in Bank Fees and Loans in 2022
- » World Bank Representative: There is no danger of Hyperinflation in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister: Jan. 1, 2024 remains the date for Bulgaria's Accession to the Eurozone
- » Bulgarian PM: We will Adopt the Euro in two years