FRENCH TROOPS TRAINING TO TAKE PLACE IN BULGARIA
Politics | September 18, 2001, Tuesday // 00:00
An agreement for French troops training on Bulgarian territory was signed on September 17 by Nikolay Svinarov, Bulgarian Defense Minister and Jean-Loup Kuhn, French Ambassador to Bulgaria. The third training of French troops will take place in the Novo Selo shooting range in Southern Bulgaria. The exercise will be held from October 5 to December 3.`France pays for the exercise,` Defense Minister Svinarov said. Estimates set the charge at BGN 400,000, which is to go to the Exchequer. The trainees will be from Third Mechanized Brigade of Limoges. According to the French Embassy the Novo Selo facility meets the standards set by the new French military doctrine and allows the troops to practice long-range activities and all kinds of logistical maneuvers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Foreign Minister: After October Bulgaria and Romania will have No Obstacles for Schengen
- » Bulgaria supports the EU Delivery of 1 Million Projectiles to Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Minister of Defense: We will Categorically Not Send Troops to Ukraine
- » Spokesman of the Ukrainian Defense Ministry : We encourage Bulgaria to give us their MiG-29s
- » April 3 - Closed for Bulgarian Schools with Election Sections
- » Petkov: Bulgaria going Banrkupt was Fake News - This happens before every Election