New Study: Almost Two Thirds of the Bulgarians Are Smokers
A study by the National Patients’ Organization has found out that 59% of Bulgarians between the age of 19 and 64 are smokers.
Almost all respondents smoke cigarettes and very few use smokeless tobacco or e-cigarettes.
According to the study, 44% of smokers do not intend to change their bad habit, while another 41% plan to reduce smoking.
About 10% of respondents said they had given up the habit more than a year ago because of its health effects.
Some of the ex-smokers have stopped smoking because of higher costs, the effect on others and bans in public places. / BNR
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended to November 30
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 109 Newly Registered Cases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 151 Newly Registered Cases, 19014 Total
- » Team of Scientists, Led by a Bulgarian, Isolated a Strong and Effective Antibody Specific for COVID-19
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 44 Newly Registered Cases, 18863 Total
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 86 Newly Registered Cases. 4506 Acive Cases