New Study: Almost Two Thirds of the Bulgarians Are Smokers
A study by the National Patients’ Organization has found out that 59% of Bulgarians between the age of 19 and 64 are smokers.
Almost all respondents smoke cigarettes and very few use smokeless tobacco or e-cigarettes.
According to the study, 44% of smokers do not intend to change their bad habit, while another 41% plan to reduce smoking.
About 10% of respondents said they had given up the habit more than a year ago because of its health effects.
Some of the ex-smokers have stopped smoking because of higher costs, the effect on others and bans in public places. / BNR
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 154 New Cases, 10 Death
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 174 Newly Registered Cases, 4410 Active Cases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 155 Newly Registered Cases, 18 216 Total
- » Over 300 Volunteers Get Russian COVID-19 Vaccine
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 143 Newly Registered Cases, 163 Cured
- » Chinese Virologist: Coronavirus Was Made in Wuhan Lab