Former Vice-Chairman of GERB Tsvetanov Founding "Republicans for Bulgaria" on August 27th
The party will be in the centre-right, sees Democratic Bulgaria as a partner
On August 27th, the former second most important person in GERB Tsvetan Tsvetanov is establishing his political project "Republicans for Bulgaria" and is going to take part with it in the next elections.
In bTV’s morning show, the former deputy chairman of the ruling party predicted that his new political project would receive 500,000 votes in the next parliamentary elections, same as GERB.
The new political party is seen as part of the European People's Party, but the fact that they will be there with Boyko Borissov's formation does not mean that there can be any talk of closeness between them, said Tsvetanov, who noted that among the EPP members are also DSB and other entities that are not together with the ruling party.
The politician sees "Democratic Bulgaria" as a partner of his future Republicans for Bulgaria party, as both are close in their demand for the rule of law and judicial reform, but said that in principle he was ready to negotiate with other formations.
However, Tsvetanov rebuked his former party members from GERB, as according to him there is pressure exerted on people not to join the new project of the former Interior Minister./Dnes.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Emergency Situation in Bulgaria May Be Extended By Another Two Months
- » Decided: Bulgaria Will Vote By Both Machine and Paper Ballot
- » Bulgaria MPs Decide How Elections Will Take Place
- » Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov and Turkish President Recep Erdogan Speak Over Phone
- » India's Defence Minister: We Are Ready to Deal With Any Situation Regarding the India-China Border Tensions
- » Kornelia Ninova Won the First Direct Election for Chairperson of the Bulgarian Socialist Party