Bulgaria: Passenger Train Hits Rocks When Exiting a Tunnel
From 15.30 the movement of trains in the section of the narrow-gauge line between the villages of Tsvetino and Avramovo was suspended due to a fallen rock mass immediately after tunnel 16.
For this reason, the passenger train from September to Dobrinishte stops waited in the tunnel after the locomotive of the train hit the rock mass at the exit of the tunnel.
For security reasons, passengers remained in place on the train carriages.
After clearing the rock mass around the locomotive, the emergency teams of BDZ and National Company "Railway Infrastructure" have taken action to pull the composition back to Velingrad station.
For this purpose, an auxiliary locomotive was sent from Velingrad to tow the train, as the section is not accessible to provide alternative transport.
Until the resumption of traffic, passengers from trains running on the narrow-gauge railway will be transported by buses in the section between Velingrad and Avramovo stations. / vesti.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Lorry Crashed Into a House, One Man Killed
- » Incident: Two Workers Fell from a Construction Site in Kremikovtzi, Died on the Way to Hospital
- » Bulgaria: Big Fire in Svishtov Chemical Plant "Svilosa"
- » Bulgaria: Tanker Truck Exploded Near Devin
- » Forest Fire in Bulgarian Region of Svilengrad Continues, State of Emergency Is Extended
- » Plane Crashes While Landing in Kerala, India