Protests in Bulgaria, Day 34: New Blockade, Protesters Throw Tomatoes and Green Balls of Paint
New blockade in the capital Sofia today. As of today, the intersection at the Rector's Office of Sofia University has been closed again by protesters. At the moment the situation there is calm.
The organizers of the protest from the so-called The "Poison Trio" announced that they would not end civil disobedience, but on the contrary - would encourage all its manifestations. There are tent camps on Orlov Most, as well as in front of the Council of Ministers.
The 34th night of anti-government protests passed without serious tension. People gathered again in the "Triangle of Power" around 7 p.m. This time, the Council of Ministers building was bombarded with tomatoes and green balls of paint.
Protests continue in other cities in the country. In Varna, the dissatisfied with the government gathered for another evening and marched along the main boulevards of the city.
The tent camp at the crossroads in front of the municipality remains.
There were also demonstrations in Plovdiv, and people are preparing for a big protest on Thursday.
About 30 cars marched through the central streets of Gabrovo in protest./Nova TV
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Spurred by Film and TV Production, Canadian Entertainment Industry Continues to Surge
- » Bulgaria: Inspections of Fast Loan Companies are starting all over the country
- » Bulgaria: Natural Gas in June will become cheaper by 15% thanks to the Azeri Gas Interconnector
- » Bulgaria: The Budget Committee accepted the Budget Extension
- » Bulgarian National Bank: We are on the Final stretch on the Road to the Eurozone
- » Bulgaria imported over 55,000 tons of Fresh Vegetables and 66,000 tons of Fruit in January and February