Bulgaria: Tanker Truck Exploded Near Devin
A tanker truck transporting bitumen caught fire on the road near the village of Beden in the direction of Shiroka Laka, where asphalt is being laid. Firefighting teams, as well as the police, responded to the signal for the incident, which took place shortly after 5 pm.
There are no casualties, only material damage, said Smolyan Deputy Governor Adrian Petrov. He specified that the fire had already been extinguished.
When laying bitumen on a repaired section of the route, a bottle of propane butane caught fire, which was used to heat the bitumen in the tank, firefighters said. The tank exploded, and the burning bottle flew into the bushes near the road, and they also caught on fire.
The fire was contained by several teams of firefighters. The back part of the tank is completely destroyed and the driver is in shock. "The quick reaction of the fire department prevented a bigger problem," Petrov commented. / NOVA.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Lorry Crashed Into a House, One Man Killed
- » Incident: Two Workers Fell from a Construction Site in Kremikovtzi, Died on the Way to Hospital
- » Bulgaria: Big Fire in Svishtov Chemical Plant "Svilosa"
- » Bulgaria: Passenger Train Hits Rocks When Exiting a Tunnel
- » Forest Fire in Bulgarian Region of Svilengrad Continues, State of Emergency Is Extended
- » Plane Crashes While Landing in Kerala, India