The Netherlands’s Largest Drug Lab Was Busted
Dutch police have dismantled what they describe as the biggest cocaine laboratory ever discovered in the Netherlands — hidden at a former horse riding school — and arrested a total of 17 people from Colombia, Turkey and the Netherlands, AP Europe has reported.
Police said in a statement Tuesday that they discovered tens of thousands of litres of chemicals and 100 kilograms of crack cocaine when they raided the riding school on Friday. They also found sleeping quarters for staff in the building in Nijeveen, 120 kilometres northeast of Amsterdam.
André van Rijn, chief inspector at the police organisation that dismantles such production facilities, said the lab was equipped to produce 150-200 kilograms of cocaine a day, with a street value of around €4.5million.
Police video showed equipment and supplies including plastic barrels and vats of chemicals and a row of five red cement mixers that were used to extract cocaine from products like clothing that are impregnated with the drug before being exported to the Netherlands.
Police said that 13 of the suspects in custody are Colombians and one other suspect has dual Dutch and Colombian nationality. They are due to appear before an investigating magistrate on Wednesday and Thursday. / eutoday.net
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ministry of Interior Will Investigate 14 Organ Transplant Surgeries in Lozenets Hospital
- » Belgian Army Deserter Nicknamed “Belgian Rambo” Found Dead after Month Search
- » Four Dead in Attack Against German Clinic
- » Bulgaria: Daring Robbery on Struma Highway in Pernik Region
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski