15-Year Old Girl Detained for Phone Fraud in Bulgaria
A 41-year-old man and a 15-year-old girl were detained for telephone fraud after joint actions of officers from the General Directorate of the National Police and their colleagues from the regional directorates of the Ministry of Interior in Stara Zagora and Haskovo.
The detained man was registered for theft, fraud, rape, possession of drugs, as well as possession of ammunition without a permit. He was convicted of hooliganism, murder, theft and bodily harm
The telephone fraud was committed in the town of Stara Zagora - a large sum of money and gold jewelry was taken from an 86-year-old woman. During the procedural-investigative actions made after the detention, the incriminated amount of BGN 4,800, the gold jewelry, the hacking tools, mobile phones and SIM cards were found and seized in the car that they used.
During additional actions, it became clear that the two were involved in identical crimes - on July 8 in Haskovo against a 77-year-old woman and on August 5 in the city of Provadia, against an 82-year-old woman.
It was established that in the criminal scheme in Provadia, an elderly man, who was threatened that his wife would be abducted, was used as a courier - he took the money from the 82-year-old victim and handed it over in Varna to the detained 15-year-old girl.
The investigation continues under the supervision of the District Prosecutor's Office in Stara Zagora. / NOVA
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Police Investigation Into Deaths of a Brother and Sister Near Sofia
- » Bulgaria: A Scottish Man Killed in the Capital's Dragalevtsi District