Restart of Organ Transplant Procedures in Bulgaria
Restart of organ transplantation surgeries in our country after their complete cessation during the pandemic. Two patients were given a chance at life after being given a heart and liver. The operations were performed in the university hospitals "St. Ekaterina" and "Lozenets ".
In Bulgaria is successfully applied the placement of the so-called artificial heart, which can give the patient extra time while waiting for a donor.
Currently, 36 Bulgarians are waiting for a heart transplant.
Meanwhile, a 18-year-old girl is recovering at Lozenets Hospital, having received a new liver from the same donor as the patient at St. Catherine's. The savior of both is a 25-year-old man who suffered a brain death.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 154 New Cases, 10 Death
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 174 Newly Registered Cases, 4410 Active Cases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 155 Newly Registered Cases, 18 216 Total
- » Over 300 Volunteers Get Russian COVID-19 Vaccine
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 143 Newly Registered Cases, 163 Cured
- » Chinese Virologist: Coronavirus Was Made in Wuhan Lab