17kg of Heroin Found in a Bulgarian Citizen's Car
At around 8 am on August 9, 2020, on the Danube bridge Vidin - Calafat, a mobile team of customs officers from the General Directorate of Customs Intelligence and Investigation stopped a Citroen car for inspection. The vehicle was driven by the 64-year-old Bulgarian citizen - S.V. The man told customs that he was traveling to the Czech Republic to start a new work.
The customs officers selected the car for additional inspection. Rectangular metal containers covered with lead sheet metal were found under the floor of the two front seats.
After dismantling the seats and the insulating floor covering, 33 packages containing pressed powder were removed. In a drug test, the substances were found to be heroin. The total amount of the found drug is 16,916 kg.
After the initiation of the criminal proceedings, the case was taken over by an investigating customs inspector, under the supervision of the District Prosecutor's Office - Vidin.
The driver of the car was brought in as a defendant and detained for up to 72 hours by a decree of the supervising prosecutor. A request is pending before the court for determination of a measure of restraint "detention in custody" against S.V. / bntnews.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today