Bulgaria: Two Women from Berkovtsa in Court for Arranging the Marraige of Under-Aged Teens
The district court in Berkovitsa has imposed a fine of BGN 1,000 on two women from the city of Varshets because, in violation of the law, they arranged the marraige of an under-aged boy and a girl, the Montana Court announced.
At the end of 2017, a 15-year-old girl met an underage boy from Varshets and started a relationship.
The boy's mother offered them to live together, and the girl's older sister, who had custody over her after the death of their parents, agreed. The two women organized a wedding party and the underage newlyweds lived together in a home provided by their families.
The act of the two women is a crime against the youth, for which the law provides for imprisonment for up to two years or probation.
As the two women pleaded guilty and have a clean criminal record, the court imposed only fines, the Montana Courthouse said. / dariknews.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ministry of Interior Will Investigate 14 Organ Transplant Surgeries in Lozenets Hospital
- » Belgian Army Deserter Nicknamed “Belgian Rambo” Found Dead after Month Search
- » Four Dead in Attack Against German Clinic
- » Bulgaria: Daring Robbery on Struma Highway in Pernik Region
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski