Bulgaria: Two Women from Berkovtsa in Court for Arranging the Marraige of Under-Aged Teens
The district court in Berkovitsa has imposed a fine of BGN 1,000 on two women from the city of Varshets because, in violation of the law, they arranged the marraige of an under-aged boy and a girl, the Montana Court announced.
At the end of 2017, a 15-year-old girl met an underage boy from Varshets and started a relationship.
The boy's mother offered them to live together, and the girl's older sister, who had custody over her after the death of their parents, agreed. The two women organized a wedding party and the underage newlyweds lived together in a home provided by their families.
The act of the two women is a crime against the youth, for which the law provides for imprisonment for up to two years or probation.
As the two women pleaded guilty and have a clean criminal record, the court imposed only fines, the Montana Courthouse said. / dariknews.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today