Up to 110 Shooting Stars per Hour in Bulgaria Between August 11th and 13th
Make a wish and look at the sky more often, because in the coming days we will witness the most popular flow of meteorites - "Perseids". This time we will be able to observe twice as many stars than usual.
This year we will be able to watch the Perseids until August 24th. Their peak will be between August 11th and 13th, when up to 110 shooting stars can be seen per hour. The moon will not interfere with the phenomenon, because it will be in a waning crescent.m
Each year, the Earth passes through the remnants of Comet Swift-Tuttle, which creates the Perseid rain. They are ionized and heated when entering the atmosphere, reaching a speed of 59 km per second.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Nature Astronomy: Possible Marker of Life Spotted on Venus
- » Weather in Bulgaria: The Week Starts with Summer and Ends with Autumn Temperatures
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Hot Weekend, Temperatures Up to 32 °
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm Friday
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Quiet and Sunny Weekend
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for Hot Weather in Kardzhali, Haskovo and Yambol