Six People Are Accused of Tax Crimes in the Trade of Imported Drugs
Six people are accused of tax crimes in the trade of expensive drugs, mostly coming from the UK, according to the Prosecutor's Office.
The scheme passed through two companies, and between 2016 and 2017 the amount of BGN 3,170,713.53 was the damage to the state budget.
According to the Prosecutor’s Office, the group was established and led by A.H, who has Bulgarian and Syrian citizenship. He imposed a scheme of movement to the two companies of medicinal products subject to intra-Community acquisitions. One of the companies was managed by A.H.'s aunt, and he himself held the position of "host".
In accordance with documents, the recipients of the medicinal products were companies of the "missing trader" type with low-income and illiterate owners, without employees and technical support. The goods were subsequently re-invoiced to other companies of the 'missing trader' type. Finally, operating “broker” companies declared deliveries of medicines to real clients.
The accumulated funds from unpaid VAT were legalized through transactions with goods.
The leader of the group has a 3-year suspended sentence for a crime against the monetary and credit system, during whose 5-year probation period he organized and led the criminal group for tax crimes, according to the indictment.
The Specialized Criminal Court is about to schedule a preliminary hearing on the case. / NOVA.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Four Dead in Attack Against German Clinic
- » Bulgaria: Daring Robbery on Struma Highway in Pernik Region
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski