Protests in Bulgaria: March and "Patriotic Omelet" at the Protest in Sofia Last Night
Rock music, Bulgarian folk songs and speeches marked the beginning of the 29th protest night in Sofia. In Independence Square, organizers unfurled a banner reading "Unity Makes Strength." They called for the unification of all protesters to create a political formation with new and honorable people, BNR reports.
Seven white doves flew from the square as a symbol of unification and victory.
Eggs and tomatoes flew over the NFSB headquarters in protest last night. At around 9 pm, the procession reached the Rakovska 134 building with a call to make a "patriotic omelet".
To express their displeasure, protesters began throwing eggs and tomatoes. Then they marched to the tent camps of the Rector's Office and "Eagle Bridge".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 71: Protesters Demand the Resignation of Tsveta Karayancheva - Speaker of the National Assembly
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 154 New Cases, 10 Death
- » Bulgaria: Eight Teachers from Sofia's School Tested Positive for COVID-19
- » Bulgaria Celebrates Saints Sophia, Faith, Hope and Love
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 174 Newly Registered Cases, 4410 Active Cases
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 70: Group of Protesters Escorted Out of Parliament Building, Interior Ministry: Not True That We Used Force