Bulgaria Does Not Import Radioactive Waste According to the Minister of Environment and Water
"We do not burn radioactive waste in our country." This was stated during a briefing by the Minister of Environment and Water Emil Dimitrov. He gave a statement in Burgas on information about the import of waste in Varna from England.
“In our country, 50% of our and 50% of foreign waste can be burned ", he commented.
"Don't believe the lies that hazardous waste is being burned here. The air is as dusty as it has been before. We monitor all ships and cargo. "Dimitrov added.
He also commented on the palm balls that surfaced on some of the beaches in our country.
"One of the solutions is to stop all shipping on the Black Sea. Can this happen? I do not believe that anyone can do it" explained the Minister.
At the briefing it became clear that samples of oily stains have been taken and they will be examined to determine whether they are harmful to human health.
"We frighten the people unnecessarily. Over the years there has been 1 case of hazardous waste. Measures were taken. Everything is done with notifications. These notifications were the reason for containers to return to Italy from here, "Dimitrov added.
"We cannot prohibit any EU country from importing, nor can they prohibit us from exporting waste, " the Minister pointed. / VESTI.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Nature Astronomy: Possible Marker of Life Spotted on Venus
- » Weather in Bulgaria: The Week Starts with Summer and Ends with Autumn Temperatures
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Hot Weekend, Temperatures Up to 32 °
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm Friday
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Quiet and Sunny Weekend
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for Hot Weather in Kardzhali, Haskovo and Yambol