Modernization in Ruse's District Heating Leaves over 17,000 Without Hot Water by the End of the Month
Stopping the supply of hot water in Ruse is necessary for existing facilities to be connected to the newly built desulfurization plant. It will improve the air in the city by removing sulfur oxides and dust in the flue gases. This was explained by Eng. Sevdalin Zhelev - Director of Toplofikacia Ruse EAD, saying that over 17 thousand households will be without hot water by the end of August.
"For several years we have been using, in addition to coal, biomass. We are trying to increase biomass in quantity to improve air quality. Therefore, emissions are falling. This year we hope that emissions will fall by 50%," said Zhelev.
According to him, three gas cogenerators are being built, which will allow the thermal power plant to run on natural gas in the summer. According to the plan, the cogenerators will start operating at the end of the heating season.
"These investments will not affect the price of heat energy," said the director of Toplofikacia Ruse EAD.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Cooked Carrots Can Trigger Allergic Reactions
- » Earthquake in the Aegean Sea with a Magnitude of 5.3
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 80: No Tension, Meeting-Concert Scheduled for Today
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 169 Newly Registered Cases
- » Protests in Bulgaria: Day 79 Passed Without Escalation of Tension
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 255 Newly Registered Cases, 19828 Total