Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov: I Am Ready to Step Down at Any Moment
Not a single day longer should we stay in power if the people do not want us, PM Boyko Borissov told the National convention of GERB - the ruling party in Builgaria - on Wednesday.
In his statement Borissov declared his readiness to step down and underscored that he was not scared by the possibility of interim cabinet.
"I am ready to go at any moment and do not want to be the cause of tension. I am not Radev (he meant 'the President') to be glad when people are fighting in the streets or blocking crossroads. If we are so strong and united as you tell me, there won't be any problem to have an interim government."
PM Borissov vowed to continue his dialogue with the ruling coalition parties and offer them different options, including that of his personal resignation for the sake of saving the cabinet until the end of mandate./BNT
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Emergency Situation in Bulgaria May Be Extended By Another Two Months
- » Decided: Bulgaria Will Vote By Both Machine and Paper Ballot
- » Bulgaria MPs Decide How Elections Will Take Place
- » Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov and Turkish President Recep Erdogan Speak Over Phone
- » India's Defence Minister: We Are Ready to Deal With Any Situation Regarding the India-China Border Tensions
- » Kornelia Ninova Won the First Direct Election for Chairperson of the Bulgarian Socialist Party