Bulgaria Versus EU: Decent Economy but Poor Quality of Life
In the "Catch-Up Index 2019", Bulgaria occupies 29th place with 36 points. The country performs best in the categories "Economy" - 28th place with 40 points and in "Governance" - also 28th place with 38 points. The worst performance is in the "Quality of Life" category, where this country ranks 30th with 29 points. In "Democracy" Bulgaria holds the 29th place with 35 points. When it comes to inequality, Bulgaria ranks 34th out of 35 countries.
The Open Society Catch-Up Index aims at answering the question to what extent the newer EU member states are catching-up with the “older” ones. The levels of cohesion in the categories of "Economy", "Quality of Life", "Democracy" and "Governance" are monitored./BNR
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC Disburses €14 Billion to Nine Member States, Greece Receives 2.7 Billion, Bulgaria Not on the List
- » Sofia Summit: European Perspective on the Western Balkans Means Stability, Peace and Prosperity
- » EC Sent Letter to Bulgaria About the Citizenship by Investment Scheme
- » MEPs Adopted a Critical Resolution on Bulgaria's Rule-of-Law
- » EP to Vote Resolution on Bulgaria on Thursday
- » Reuters: Split EU Lawmakers Rap Bulgaria on Rule-of-Law Failings