Protests in Bulgaria, Day 26: The Blockades of Three Key Intersections in Sofia Remain
The 26th day of protests in Bulgaria continues with protesters demanding the resignation of the government and the chief prosecutor, as well as the introduction of machine voting. In the capital city, 3 key intersections – Eagles’ Bridge, the one near the Sofia University and the one between the Presidency and the Council of Ministers remain blocked by tent camps of protesters, BNR correspondent Daniel Inkov has reported.
Because of blockades, the routes of the public transport in the capital remain changed. Initiators of the protests from the so-called "Poison Trio" complained that their phones were being tapped.
The square in front of the Municipality of Varna is also expected to be blocked tonight. The blockade of the road between Stara Zagora and Haskovo, Southern Bulgaria, at the exit to the Trakia highway continues. The protest action started there at the end of the past week.
Bulgarians in Brussels, Prague, Birmingham, Sydney, Montreal and a number of other cities around the world are also organizing protests./BNR
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: By the End of May 7,000 Ukrainian Refugees will be Moved from Varna to other Cities
- » Employee of a Funeral Agency is Detained in Relations to the 7 Bodies found near Sofia
- » Half of Bulgarian Hotels will let Ukrainian Refugees Stay for the Foreseeable Future
- » Exactly 100 New Cases of COVID-19 have been Registered in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: 7 Bodies were Found close to a Cemetery near Bankya
- » About 100,000 Refugees remain in Bulgaria