Light Airplane Crashed Into a Building in Northern Greece
A single-engine airplane crashed into the facade of a house in the village of Proti in Serres, northern Greece on Monday morning; no injuries among the residents were reported.
The 19-year-old pilot of the small airplane emerged with minor injuries and was transported to the Serres General Hospital.
Police have cordoned off the area where the accident occurred, while firefighters remain on the spot in case the aircraft catches fire from residual fuel which may be leaking from it.
Speaking to interviewers from the voria.gr news website, Amphipolis Mayor Stergios Frastanlis said that the single-engine training aircraft which belongs to the Civil Aviation Authority took off from Alexandroupolis and was flying low over the village for several hours, causing concern to residents. / greekreporter.com
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Lorry Crashed Into a House, One Man Killed
- » Incident: Two Workers Fell from a Construction Site in Kremikovtzi, Died on the Way to Hospital
- » Bulgaria: Big Fire in Svishtov Chemical Plant "Svilosa"
- » Bulgaria: Passenger Train Hits Rocks When Exiting a Tunnel
- » Bulgaria: Tanker Truck Exploded Near Devin
- » Forest Fire in Bulgarian Region of Svilengrad Continues, State of Emergency Is Extended