Another 1,000 US Troops to be Send to Poland
The United States and Poland have completed negotiations on an agreement on expanded defense cooperation, under which another 1,000 US troops will be sent to Poland, Pentagon chief Mark Esper said.
"The agreement allows for an increase in the permanent US rotational presence by about 1,000 people. They are added to the 4,500 US troops already deployed in Poland on a rotating basis," Esper said.
The US Secretary of Defense pointed out that the agreement with Poland "will strengthen Russia's deterrence, strengthen NATO and reassure US allies." "Our presence in Poland, on NATO's eastern flank, will enhance our strategic and operational flexibility," Esper said. / dariknews.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » NATO Greenlights Idea of Building EU Rapid Reaction Force
- » Terrorist Attack in a Supermarket in New Zealand
- » 34 Afghans Evacuated to Bulgaria
- » Caretaker Prime Minister: There is No Need for Troops on the Border
- » Defense Minister: Caretaker Government is Not Negotiating for New F-16 Aircraft
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Interior Minister: Migration Pressure on Bulgaria is Increasing